Local and international expertise, to give our clients “home advantage”
With our local expertise supported by the international strength of Rajah & Tann Asia, we are confident we can provide high quality, seamlessly integrated, and solutions-oriented legal services that protect our clients' interests, and give them a real competitive advantage, in this emerging market.
Our key areas of expertise and experience are as follows:
Banking and Finance
We have represented a number of international financial institutions on project financing, specifically, medium to large scale hydropower project financing in Laos.
Our lawyers are experienced in representing our clients in commercial related disputes before the Court of Justice of Laos.
Foreign Investment Approvals
We have been engaged by numerous foreign investors to establish both concessions and general businesses.
We also work very closely with member firms of the Rajah & Tann Asia network, and we have significant regional exposure where we routinely advise clients on:
- Establishment of Foreign-Lao joint venture companies.
- Regulatory compliance for distribution and sale of software / mobile applications.
- Project financing transactions.
- Merger and acquisition transactions.
- Business incorporation in Special Economic Zones.